Information we collect
When you visit our website or official social media pages, we may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly (e.g., when you contact us or provide services to us), and information we collect about you from other sources, including commercially-available sources, such as public databases where permitted by law. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Personal details (e.g., name, date of birth)
- Contact details (e.g., email address, postal address, phone number)
- Demographic information (e.g., your age, gender, zip code, level of education, and interests)
- Website usage information (e.g., IP addresses, information concerning page resolution, browser type)
In some cases, you may provide additional information, including when you choose to personalize your use of this website or when you ask a question of our account team.
Children’s personal information
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 13 (or such legally required higher age). If we find out that we have such personal information, we will take reasonable steps to delete it. Please contact us if you become aware that we have collected personal information relating to a child.
How and why we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to, among other things:
- enhance and personalize your use of our website
- communicate with you in the normal course of business, and provide you with relevant information, content, customer satisfaction follow-up, and advertising (on our website, in newsletters, via e-mail, etc.)
- connect you to a specific provider or with a trusted partner who will provide the information or service that you requested
- carry out due diligence prior to engaging you as a service provider;
- pay invoices;
- send you marketing communications with your consent;
- comply with legal obligations to which we are subject
- In addition, we may use anonymous and/or aggregated data to create statistics and reports for various business purposes and may share this data with our business partners to offer you potentially desirable content, products, and services.
- We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- to fulfill our contractual or legal obligations to you;
- consent where applicable, such as for marketing communications;
- to meet our legitimate interests or those of a third party; and
- to ensure that your services function correctly with our systems, that any complaints or concerns can be promptly relayed to you, and our records are kept up to date and accurate.